Shinobi Risings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End.

+14
Without Regrets
MoiZzZ
AlesiaFaith
yahiko24
m4r1us
EternalEyes
Romanashu
Sumizome
Sasori
SantanosRabi
GodNaruto
Saitou
Hawk
ashes13
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The End. Empty The End.

Post by ashes13 Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:25 pm

This was taken from the complaints section of the forum, I decided to make it an announcement since not everyone was reading it there.

m4r1us wrote:Is the game dead? YES or NO
As of now... I believe so....

Steven has had to move on and focus on a real job where he gets paid, the only people still really around are Aki, Dr, and myself. Dr and I are forum staff/writers/PR people, and Aki is a modeler with great skills, but he's not an entire team. We've all been fighting to try to get this done for almost 2 years, we've fought through leader changes as well as trouble team members, we've lost forum after forum and had to rework almost our entire plan several times.

I don't want this project to end, I want to be able to say we did what has become the impossible, but we can't.... We're worn out and have to move on at some point. But if we stop the least we can do is give you what we have, even if we can't finish, at least someone else can take the next step. Even if the next person only adds a little bit, as long as little bits continue to be added the game could be finished eventually.

Steven, Tori, Aki, K-canon, Luca, they were/are rare finds in this kind of indie community, they all should be getting paid for what they do, and here they are not getting paid. It's a miracle we had them for as long as we did.
I don't understand why or how, but for some reason Naruto MMOs are doomed before they even start, it's just something that seems to be impossible to complete...

This community has pretty much been my life for the past 3 or so years... I have met my greatest friends here. The original group of people from Abunai became my family, and I don't want to see that go. I don't want to see this die, it honestly hurts to think that everything we've gone through has been for nothing, but even I have to move on eventually...

But, something else I must say, go support Vreg and Narusimu, and when I say support I mean SUPPORT! Go to that project and love the crap out of Vreg and anyone who joins him, make it worth his time to do this! Do not bug or harass him for deadlines or if he misses a deadline, encourage him to do and finish what we could not. Make us proud and do everything in your power to help him and give him a reason to complete the impossible. Even if you have great motivation on your own, you need others there to bring you back up when you're down.

Please guys, help him finish what we and others have all failed to do. I wont be trying to get involved with Narusimu, nor do I think I will even join the forum. I tried to keep SR together for as long as I could, my abilities were/are not the greatest, I have no true team value besides keeping the team together/organized and helping where I could, and in the end I failed. My time of trying to help Naruto MMOs is done. But I know there are still some of you who are willing to help and do whatever you can.

You guys have no idea what working with this group and trying to keep the community and team together has meant to me... Like I said before it's been my life. Even those of you who I'm not the biggest fan of mean something to me. if I see a name I generally remember who they are/what they're like, even if it's one I haven't seen in a loooong time.
Even if you sometimes annoy the crap out of me, I love you guys, I really do. I'm not sure yet about what I'm going to do about the indiedb or the forum, but eventually I assume they will both have to be taken down.

So on that note, I guess I'm done here... Good luck with whatever you do, guys.
And if you like it or not, I'll most likely be praying for you, so deal with it.

m4r1us wrote:PS: Where will I be able to get what you guys did until now?
As soon as I get I chance to talk to Steven and try to put everything together that we currently have I will put it up on the indie/moddb. (Along with another explanation about how things went down and how we hope people will pick up where we left off) It's going to take some time because not only is there a lot of stuff to try to group up, but the credit list is going to take some time to put together. I have no idea when it will be up, but it will be eventually.

StalkerSan wrote:Now give us the link to that other game!
Saitou wrote:www.narusimu.com
^ Along with http://www.indiedb.com/games/narusimu-naruto-simulation-game
ashes13
ashes13
Admin

https://shinobirisings.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The End. Empty Re: The End.

Post by Hawk Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:27 pm

I would've said this earlier, although I'm sorta frustrated that it didn't come out -- I do wanna thank the team as a whole. Despite the failing release, the community was more times than not, pretty fricking awesome. Haha.
Hawk
Hawk
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitou Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Good bye !
Saitou
Saitou
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post by GodNaruto Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:25 pm

I make Hawk's words my own. I've had some good times, and some bad times with this community for the short time I was here (about 2 months)... You're all great guys, and I think this will not be a definitive end... But only time will tell Wink

Farewell... Or not Wink
GodNaruto
GodNaruto
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by SantanosRabi Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I still believe ther must be at least ONE oil sheik´s son Naruto Fan or rich Naruto Fan on this gigantic planet who would want to let such a game be produced or at least buy your project and let it be finished for even a pleasant amount of money, because what you already have is the best of its kind.
SantanosRabi
SantanosRabi
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasori Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Best of luck in you future endeavors guys. I'll keep checking up from time to time, hoping it may be picked up by someone, sometime in the future.
Sasori
Sasori
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumizome Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm concerned that going open source might lead to a ton of derivative projects and it's going to be somewhat difficult to find those with actual progress...

Since this is a relatively popular project, I'd strongly recommend you consider crowdfunding in order to be able to hire people and at least go the extra mile by finishing the prototype.
(If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned somewhere that most of what is needed are animations, you ought to be able to get enough money for a decent animator)

Sumizome
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitou Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:16 am

the current progress should be given to vreg of narusimu xD
Saitou
Saitou
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post by GodNaruto Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:48 am

Saitou wrote:the current progress should be given to vreg of narusimu xD
I don't have anything against Vreg (I think he did a good job with Narusimu), but I don't think Vreg is good enough to finish the job... I mean, at this point, he only managed to do basic animations, which SR already has... SR needs a medium-advanced animator, and I think that Vreg hasn't reached that point... yet. Again, nothing agaisnt Vreg Wink
GodNaruto
GodNaruto
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanashu Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:13 am

Wah?
Romanashu
Romanashu
Village Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalEyes Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 pm

GodNaruto wrote:
I don't have anything against Vreg (I think he did a good job with Narusimu), but I don't think Vreg is good enough to finish the job... I mean, at this point, he only managed to do basic animations, which SR already has... SR needs a medium-advanced animator, and I think that Vreg hasn't reached that point... yet. Again, nothing agaisnt Vreg Wink
Vreg has done a decent job considering he is on his own. With other people to help and the work the SR devs have done, he could turn a project into something resembling a game.
EternalEyes
EternalEyes
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by m4r1us Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:48 pm

GodNaruto wrote:
At this point SR doesn't need just an animator, the team has separated. Their work on this project is pretty much over. What this game would need is an entire team that actually wants to do this. Some members of this team actually did their best to do this game (e.g. ashes, Aki, Dr.), while others just made rude comments towards other team members having no interest at all (e.g. Paws).
Paws wrote:-or,or maybe it's just the fact that developing a game out of lack of common interest was you know..not interesting.There's also the fact of most of the community being a bunch of degenerates.The entire forum seemed to want to participate in the development of the game,but good grief.I saw no competence in suggested members and a good amount of people just wanted to challenge another's authority.There was no form of teamwork and nearly every single person who was supposed to be available for meetings were absent.There were only a few competent people capable of making this possible(K-Canon,Steven,Senluc and the musician).You know what those people did?They left because it did not have ANY interest at all to them anymore.Senluc went to work on his own game,which I might add is looking better with each show.K-Canon is stepping up his game in his 3D Modeling and doing wonderful sketchwork.Steven just got his Degree and the music guy is in Hollywood because dam.This is Paws speaking btw.
I have been hired for something top-secret in the field of CG.
:\ We just didn't like where thing were going and so,we dropped to pursue the things that we love.
This guy seems like he never actully likes anything.The forum members had their conflicts but you are more degenerated than all of us togheter. After all the forum was a pretty much fun place to stay besides our arguments. I don't doubt his skills in 3D modelling but how in the world can you complain about not having enough teamwork when you talk like this about people that you know they did their best to keep this game up. I agree some do it better some don't but you're not a god yourself so stop acting as one.

Don't judge Vreg, he's trying to do a "mountain" out of a "molehill" considering the fact that he's alone and until now he only did good things.

If we want this game to continue we should look for team members that'd be willing to work for free (no matter what donation we'd make unless one of us is the richest person in his country we can't afford to pay an entire team) and maybe some of the old team members would like to continue. But even if we'd succeed in getting some members to keep working on this project, we have no guarantee that they would get along well with each other and that could result into a new death to this project that would probably make us three or four times more disappointed that we are now. So until somebody is 100% decided to do this despite the obstacles that may appear, I'm afraid it won't go anywhere.
m4r1us
m4r1us
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by yahiko24 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:06 pm

i wish the best for the team members
yahiko24
yahiko24
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlesiaFaith Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I WILL MISS YOU ALL, GUYS <3

I want the skype of everyone in hereeee *_* Give it to me or I will strangulate you with cookies.
AlesiaFaith
AlesiaFaith
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiZzZ Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Cookies...Wut?
MoiZzZ
MoiZzZ
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by GodNaruto Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:19 am

AlesiaFaith wrote:I WILL MISS YOU ALL, GUYS <3

I want the skype of everyone in hereeee *_* Give it to me or I will strangulate you with cookies.
Crackers would do the job better Wink
GodNaruto
GodNaruto
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by SantanosRabi Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Just think about that, if only as many rich Naruto fans as possible could be reached to see the current indiedb pictures and video of the project. Knowing it´s an MMO. Knowing this project has to be given away or sold. Knowing he has enough money to hire a team. Knowing the game only has do be finished, not build up from scratch. Knowing the community would love him after that. Can you really imagine that there is not a single rich or wealthy Naruto Fan on this planet who would do this but only has to be informed about this?? And even if not, all the Naruto Fans who want such a game could easily finance a team together. Collect people in a group who would spend 5 dollar a month on condition of the group having 50 or let´s say 100 members. This way nobody has to pay before he has ensurance that when he pays  the game WILL be finished. Put the link for that group on the indiedb. The amount of Naruto Fans on this planet. And I really believe the group could easily gain much more than just 100 people with time. The community only has to really spread the project and inform all the other people who want such a game. Would be very thankful for any response here.
SantanosRabi
SantanosRabi
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by m4r1us Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 pm

SantanosRabi wrote:Just think about that, if only as many rich Naruto fans as possible could be reached to see the current indiedb pictures and video of the project. Knowing it´s an MMO. Knowing this project has to be given away or sold. Knowing he has enough money to hire a team. Knowing the game only has do be finished, not build up from scratch. Knowing the community would love him after that. Can you really imagine that there is not a single rich or wealthy Naruto Fan on this planet who would do this but only has to be informed about this?? And even if not, all the Naruto Fans who want such a game could easily finance a team together. Collect people in a group who would spend 5 dollar a month on condition of the group having 50 or let´s say 100 members. This way nobody has to pay before he has ensurance that when he pays  the game WILL be finished. Put the link for that group on the indiedb. The amount of Naruto Fans on this planet. And I really believe the group could easily gain much more than just 100 people with time. The community only has to really spread the project and inform all the other people who want such a game. Would be very thankful for any response here.
Well, if it'd be required to donate 5 dollars a month for this project to become a reality, I for one would gladly donate. Let's try (at least some of us) to advertise so we can get something started. If anyone that's still active has a youtube profile with a high nr of subscribers, he should create a video (if he doesn't know how, I'll try to do it) about the current state of the game and upload it. And if someone has an account that's pretty known on naruto forums (e.g. NarutoBase, mangafox etc and yahiko, I know you do Razz) they could try and advertise.
m4r1us
m4r1us
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanashu Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:59 am

I'm not gonna let this project die.

Romanashu
Romanashu
Village Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitou Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:16 am

you cannot resurrect the dead !
Saitou
Saitou
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post by GodNaruto Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:25 am

Saitou wrote:you cannot resurrect the dead !
Um.... Edo-Tensei? Razz
GodNaruto
GodNaruto
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanashu Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am

Maybe it's not dead.Maybe it's stopped for a while.
Romanashu
Romanashu
Village Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ashes13 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Here's the problem with what you have proposed: Finding people who are GOOD at what they do and are willing to work on something like this. Even with money involved people who know what they're doing are more likely to work on something else that has their interest and drive.
ashes13
ashes13
Admin

https://shinobirisings.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by m4r1us Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:07 pm

ashes13 wrote:Here's the problem with what you have proposed: Finding people who are GOOD at what they do and are willing to work on something like this. Even with money involved people who know what they're doing are more likely to work on something else that has their interest and drive.
Yeah, but here I don't get it. Naruto is one of the few animes that would translate great into a MMO. Why people aren't interested? The gameplay of a game like this would be new and inovative. It would have a much more dynamic and strategic-based gameplay than regular fantasy MMORPGs. So what makes people uniterested in something like this is an enigma to me.
m4r1us
m4r1us
Jounin Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalEyes Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 am

m4r1us wrote:
ashes13 wrote:Here's the problem with what you have proposed: Finding people who are GOOD at what they do and are willing to work on something like this. Even with money involved people who know what they're doing are more likely to work on something else that has their interest and drive.
Yeah, but here I don't get it. Naruto is one of the few animes that would translate great into a MMO. Why people aren't interested? The gameplay of a game like this would be new and inovative. It would have a much more dynamic and strategic-based gameplay than regular fantasy MMORPGs. So what makes people uniterested in something like this is an enigma to me.
I would definitely support this and donate
EternalEyes
EternalEyes
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum